[Kobe Proton Center]
|Location||1-6-8 Minatojima Minamimachi, Chuo-ku, Kobe 650-0047, Japan|
(southernly adjacent to Prefectural Kobe Children's Hospital)
|Purpose||Clinic (outpatient) (Proton beam therapy facility)|
|Proton beam therapy rooms||2 rooms and 2 gantries|
(Gantry: a swivel-equipped particle-beam emitter)
|Medical Departments||Department of Radiation Oncology|
Department of Pediatric Radiation Oncology
Department of Anesthesiology
|Establishment||December 1, 2017|
|Acquired Facility Criteria||
We advance proton beam therapy that pioneers the future of cancer treatment on the basis of scientific evidence.
- 1. We provide highly precise radiation therapy as a state-of-the-art proton beam therapy facility.
- 2. We conduct proton beam therapy that reflects advances in cancer treatment.
- 3. We provide proton beam therapy with an emphasis on pediatric cancer.
- 4. We respect patient wishes and conduct trusted treatment based on accurate medical information.
- 5. We make team medicine the basis for advancing compassionate care.
Cooperating hospitals are as follows. Each is located close to the Center.
- Kobe Minimally Invasive Cancer Center (KMCC)
This hospital provides cooperation in such matters as hospitalization, dental treatment, oral care, pulmonary and hepatic marker implantation, colonoscopies, and gastroscopies.
- International Clinical Cancer Research Center (ICCRC)
This hospital provides cooperation with prostatic marker implantation.
The Center has no hospitalization facilities, and so adult patients are, with few exceptions, treated on an outpatient basis.
If you have traveled from a considerable distance and find daily commuting to the hospital difficult, please make use of accommodations in the local area.